Sanding Belt Tape

Can anyone provide source info on the glass tape used to join sanding belts? This stuff is extremely strong and has glass fibers that run across the tape, rather than along it.
Regards / Thanks,
Steve
I think its a closely guarded trade secret as I've tried for years and haven't found a source. I do know of people (knife makers with expensive diamond belts) who repair the joint by creating a scarf joint and glueing with Gorilla glue - clamp for 24hrs and let cure for another 24hrs before use. Seems to work.

belts?