Safari

Page 3 of 5
Maxwell Lol wrote:

Huh? I'm sorry but you people are making no sense at all.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

Do you honestly believe that having 80 percent of the market means it's better? All it means is that it's more marketable.
Kenye West sold millions of records this year. Does that make him "better" than Tony Bennett?
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

It means that it has 80 percent more people developing code for it and thus gives me greater choice of applications.

I dunno. What applications do either of them run?
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

Firstly, that is flawed logic. The amount of people it takes to manufacture a product vs. the amount of people who buy the product has no correlation whatsoever.
To use my music analogy. It's takes the same number of people to produce two albums, each. One sells 10 million, the other 10 thousand.
But on to your hypocrisy... Why do you get to claim that more applications equals "greater choice," but when I say it, you reply, "why do you need dozens of [applications]? Don't _any_ of them work?"
--

-MIKE-

Huh?
Who said any one needs dozens of browsers?
Maxwell Lol wrote:

Well, apparently Mac users do.
--John

So you are making up facts, and then arguing against these "facts"?
Maxwell Lol wrote:

Why mention that there are dozens if you don't need dozens?
--John

Why do YOU mention: ">The OS it runs on is not proprietary to a single hardware

By Clarke's logic 'dozens of Mac browsers x 8 = a couple of hundred browsers that run on Windoze?
I think you are lying, John.

To quote your own words.
"so for every application that runs on the niche market proprietary crap there are 8 that run on Windows."
So apparently Windows needs 8 times the number of applications that MacOS needs.
Maxwell Lol wrote:

Maxwell Lol wrote:

Nope, Windows has 8 times the number of bored programmers looking for something to do. Besides, writing a browser is a student exercise.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

Why have 31 flavors at Baskin Robbins, when you only need one?
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

So what flavor from Baskin Robbins will let me access my checking account?
--John

Yep, I do believe it's a problem with reading comprehension. Here, this might help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simile
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/<plonk>
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

Plonk: used to ignore spammers and trolls, or to feign disinterest because one is losing the debate. :-)
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

An inexpensive beverage purchased and consumed at Pomeroy's. :-)

That'd be plunk, wot?