Safari

Page 2 of 5
Upscale wrote:

I just upgraded to something better, once I saw the difference, the sheeple that follow the M$ doctrine are the same ones that whine when they pay me to fix their computers.
What is a Tim? Does he make donuts? ;-)
--
Froz...

sheeple
Why is it that when someone uses Windows because it works for them, they're compared to some mindless sheep? I'm sure I could come up with dozens of people that would say the same about the car you drive, the watch you wear or the or even the house you live in whatever its make or construction. I responded to your undeserved insult with an insult, but this is as far as it goes. You're Canadian, so I'm letting you off easy. :)
And, I fix my own computer the few times it needs fixing. Guess I'm too cheap to pay some techno wizard like you to do it.

Probably.

...now... what was this about stirring shit? <G>

makes
...now... what was this about stirring shit? <G>
Who me? Don't you have a kitchen to build or something?
FrozenNorth wrote:

So why are you people looking for new browsers?
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

I'm not, I found it, and a different OS too.
--
Froz...

The box said " Intel 386 or better"... so I bought a Mac. WAY back. So where did Pagemaker, Illustrator, PhotoShop, MS Word and Excel etc. all come from? Which OS has Gates been trying to emulate all these years? Why, when Gates decided to build his house in Richmond, the architect designed the whole thing on a Mac? Huh? Huh? The diff is that Windoze is trying to tell me what to do, whilst *I* tell Mac OS10 what to do. Unfortunately for me, because of my CNC, I have to put up with Windoze. At least XP Pro feels a bit more solid than that candy-assed Vista on my laptop. Could they make an OS any more gay?
Robatoy wrote:

I'm using linux as my main OS, OSX is very good and I am fluent in it as well, Windows where necessary. The OS has to fit the applications and whatever you may need from the computer, the more people that understand that the better.
--
Froz...

2 feet longer than a d00tchie.

It's called, "software."
You see, on a Mac you're given a choice of what you can run on the machine, including windoze if you so choose. :-)
There are literally dozens of browsers available, many of which are open source. People can choose a browser that best fits their needs and personality. We're not stuck with what Bill thinks is best for us.
The real problem is all the new crap people feel compelled to cram on their websites,meaning you have to update your browser or plug-ins constantly in order to enjoy the content.
--

-MIKE-

Indeed. " You 'need' this+this plug-in"
*I* need nothing. If I can't see what they're trying to shill, too bad for them. I have had it with all those plug-ins.
And what's with those mini windows floating in my face these days. My pop-up blocker lets them through somehow and you can't get rid of the little bastards until they decide to float away. I have decided that any company that uses those, is on my shitlist. Honda....gone forever. I mean, that is RUDE!
-MIKE- wrote:

So why do you need "dozens of browsers"? Don't _any_ of them work?
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

I'll assume you don't need a remedial course in reading comprehension, but instead chose to ignore the statement, "People can choose a browser that best fits their needs and personality."
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

I see. Well, if it's choices you want then you should go with a standard OS, not some piece of niche-market proprietary crap.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

You keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better. :-p
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

Yeah, bet you think your excrement smells of roses too.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

No. Shit stinks and so does windows.
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

Smells a lot better than rotten Apples.
--John

Microsoft IE is proprietary.
Maxwell Lol wrote:

So what? The OS it runs on is not proprietary to a single hardware vendor and has more than 80 percent of the market, so for every application that runs on the niche market proprietary crap there are 8 that run on Windows. Not that it needs yet another boring browser but people seem to enjoy writing them.
--John

Oh. So I should not run Microsoft IE, and instead use some standard OS like Linux?
Okay - Your point is MUCH clearer now.