Safari

I just upgraded to something better, once I saw the difference, the sheeple that follow the M$ doctrine are the same ones that whine when they pay me to fix their computers.

What is a Tim? Does he make donuts? ;-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

...now... what was this about stirring shit?

Reply to
Robatoy

Why is it that when someone uses Windows because it works for them, they're compared to some mindless sheep? I'm sure I could come up with dozens of people that would say the same about the car you drive, the watch you wear or the or even the house you live in whatever its make or construction. I responded to your undeserved insult with an insult, but this is as far as it goes. You're Canadian, so I'm letting you off easy. :)

And, I fix my own computer the few times it needs fixing. Guess I'm too cheap to pay some techno wizard like you to do it.

Probably.

Reply to
Upscale

So why are you people looking for new browsers?

Reply to
J. Clarke

...now... what was this about stirring shit?

Who me? Don't you have a kitchen to build or something?

Reply to
Upscale

Actually, I do...but it is not a kitchen. It is a bar.

Reply to
Robatoy

So I guess you decided to have a peek at old rec.woodworking to get some bar design ideas.

I'll have a whiskey sour on the sweet side. Last one was so sour, my lips puckered so much the friend I was with was tempted to run and hide.

Reply to
Upscale

I'm not, I found it, and a different OS too.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

The box said " Intel 386 or better"... so I bought a Mac. WAY back. So where did Pagemaker, Illustrator, PhotoShop, MS Word and Excel etc. all come from? Which OS has Gates been trying to emulate all these years? Why, when Gates decided to build his house in Richmond, the architect designed the whole thing on a Mac? Huh? Huh? The diff is that Windoze is trying to tell me what to do, whilst *I* tell Mac OS10 what to do. Unfortunately for me, because of my CNC, I have to put up with Windoze. At least XP Pro feels a bit more solid than that candy-assed Vista on my laptop. Could they make an OS any more gay?

Reply to
Robatoy

I'm using linux as my main OS, OSX is very good and I am fluent in it as well, Windows where necessary. The OS has to fit the applications and whatever you may need from the computer, the more people that understand that the better.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

It's called, "software."

You see, on a Mac you're given a choice of what you can run on the machine, including windoze if you so choose. :-)

There are literally dozens of browsers available, many of which are open source. People can choose a browser that best fits their needs and personality. We're not stuck with what Bill thinks is best for us.

The real problem is all the new crap people feel compelled to cram on their websites,meaning you have to update your browser or plug-ins constantly in order to enjoy the content.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Indeed. " You 'need' this+this plug-in"

*I* need nothing. If I can't see what they're trying to shill, too bad for them. I have had it with all those plug-ins.

And what's with those mini windows floating in my face these days. My pop-up blocker lets them through somehow and you can't get rid of the little bastards until they decide to float away. I have decided that any company that uses those, is on my shitlist. Honda....gone forever. I mean, that is RUDE!

Reply to
Robatoy

Are you aware of the latest security threat?

I don't mind IE. I have to use it at work, and it just works fine for me. Make sure you've covered yourself as stated above.

I've always subscribed to the "fringe user, off the radar" security method at home. When all the script kiddies were attacking Outlook and IE, my lesser known stuff was rarely, if ever, a target.

Reply to
B A R R Y

B A R R Y wrote in news:YDa6l.11050$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com:

Reading this on Xnews running on wine for Ubuntu Linux 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex). Webbrowser is Opera. Using Eudora for an Email client on WinXP but switching to Thunderbird for cross platform. Ubuntu is rapidly becoming my default OS. For a nonemotional analysis of why there needs to be a Windows alternative go to

which gives a balanced arguement to all this.

Jerry

** Posted from
**
Reply to
ALurker

So why do you need "dozens of browsers"? Don't _any_ of them work?

Reply to
J. Clarke

I'll assume you don't need a remedial course in reading comprehension, but instead chose to ignore the statement, "People can choose a browser that best fits their needs and personality."

Reply to
-MIKE-

Who said any one needs dozens of browsers?

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

I see. Well, if it's choices you want then you should go with a standard OS, not some piece of niche-market proprietary crap.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Well, apparently Mac users do.

Reply to
J. Clarke

They do? What do you base that on? Please back this up with stats.

Reply to
Robatoy