ryobi reciprocating saw- blade falls out and gets stuck in wood

Hi, I just bought a Ryobi reciprocating saw- when I use it sometimes the blade comes off the unit and gets stuck in the wood. Why does this happen? Thanks KOS

Because the clamping mechanism is not working properly. Take it back and get a toolless recip saw.

2 possibilities that I see:
Like Leon said, bad clamping system, or you might be either putting the blade in too loose or bending or twisting the blade when you cut..
Not meant as an insult, but with no info on how experienced you are, I sort of assume you're now to recip saws..
I used to use a Sawzall with a 9" blade on branch wood and it would bind if I didn't watch for blade alignment... Don't remember it coming out of the saw, though..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

incorrectly? When I put the blade in and close the blade clamp lock, the blade is loose. It wobbles up and down about an inch and sideways about a half inch. Is the blade supposed to wobble or be firmly locked in place? What could I be doing wrong? Thank you.
incorrectly? When I put the blade in and close the blade clamp lock, the blade is loose. It wobbles up and down about an inch and sideways about a half inch. Is the blade supposed to wobble or be firmly locked in place? What could I be doing wrong? Thank you.
It should be tight. You may have the wrong saw/blade combo. Get the reciprocating saw that says "Milwaukee" on it and your problem will go away.
Actually the Milwaukee is no guarantee. I have had a similar problem with my Milwaukee Sawzall, but only with Milwaukee brand blades. (HUH????). If I use DeWalt blades, no problem. Strangest thing ever.
SteveP. www.stellarbuilders.net
wrote in message

Hole in the blade shank isn't engaging the pin inside the chuck. Try to yank the blade loose after installing it. If it stays put, you're fine.