Rube Goldberg Hall Table

This is a hall table I built a dozen years ago. No mortises, no tenons, no dovetails--but it has fulfilled its purpose well. The top is stained and oiled poplar, the rest is black lacquered as a nod to our many Japanese pieces. The knobs are "solid brass" according to the packaging from Lowe's. Turns out they are solid pot metal with a nice brass finish.
Had to build a tapering jig for the legs. Not an heirloom. When my wife and I are gone it will probably fetch $5 at the estate auction.
Pictures at ABPW
--
 GW Ross

 Phobia: what's left after drinking 2
"G. Ross" wrote in message

Gotta ask then... how is it held together?
John Grossbohlin wrote:

called). They are screwed to the apron and to the legs. Plus glue.
--
 GW Ross

 If it weren't for electricity, we'd
"G. Ross" wrote in message

That works! It's a relatively low stress piece (i.e., no big pressure or weight loads trying to tear it apart) so that is a reasonable way to do it... looks nice.
John
John Grossbohlin wrote:

Thanks.
--
 GW Ross

 If it weren't for electricity, we'd

AGLETS ;-)
Heading for the bunker...
Joe
On 3/22/2013 5:29 AM, Just Another Joe wrote:

They'll certainly keep the bullshit off the legs. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:52:10 AM UTC-6, G. Ross wrote:

I like the black lacquer effect. Nice contrast. Well done.
Looks like Hotei, there? Appropriate, also, if so! Give his belly a rub, for luck.... or have I misunderstood part of his "meaning", contentment.
Sonny
Sonny wrote:

fish pond.