ROUTER TABLE INSERT QUESTION.....

Does anyone have, or know where I can download the demensions (or better yet)a full size drawing of a standard size router table insert plate that I can trace around to make a template to cut the hole in my table top to place the insert? THANK YOU! REMOVE "NOSPAM" FROM ADDRESS WHEN REPLYING

Reply to
myxpykalixNOSPAM

Wed, Sep 3, 2003, 2:30am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wants to know: Does anyone have, or know where I can download the demensions (or better yet)a full size drawing of a standard size router table insert plate that I can trace around to make a template to cut the hole in my table top to place the insert?

Are you telling us you really don't realize all you need to do is trace around the insert? If that's true, that's really sad.

Either that, or you're trolling.

I didn't do anything like that on my router table. Just put a 1" or so hole in, for the router bit, then drilled three holes, to take three long screws that screw into the router base. Been working just fine that way for maybe 6-7 years. Didn't ask anybody about it either, just did it.

JOAT No sense in being pessimistic - it wouldn't work anyway.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 2 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Here is a simple way to cut the hole to fit the insert.

  1. Lay the insert on the table in the position you want it.

  1. Place wood on all four sides that you can clamp to the table.

  2. Use a pattern (top bearing) bit set to the depth needed and rout the table top.

The bit I used for my insert was a 5/8" Whiteside, which matched the corner radii of the insert. It is the K41 at

It produced a perfect fit.

Frank

Reply to
Frank K.

The Bench Dog web site has a good set of illustrated instructions for cutting an insert for any size router table insert. Try the following site.

Doctor Bill

cut the hole any size you want, any depth (insert thickness), and make a bunch of insets to fit out of aluminum, acrylic sheet (plexi) or Masonite. Do you own a dividers?

Reply to
RM MS