router table

Page 2 of 2

SteveB said:

Steve,
Build your own. it's good practice. Really...
http://www.thevideodoc.com/Images/RouterCabinet1l.jpg
Built from scraps and a Rockler insert and tracks - half price sale. Got the solid brass knobs for $ .50 on closeout. The power switch is a homemade unit hidden in the top right drawer. Pull the knob to turn it on, push it in to turn it off - 20A @125vAC.
http://www.thevideodoc.com/Images/RouterCabinet2l.jpg
http://www.thevideodoc.com/Images/RouterCabinet3l.jpg
http://www.thevideodoc.com/Images/RouterCabinet4l.jpg
http://www.thevideodoc.com/Images/RouterCabinet5l.jpg
There's a removable flex-arm lamp mounted on the fence for close-up work. The fence adjusts with 1/32" per rev of the rear center knob. Sliding, removable faces on the fence. Built in dust collection for cabinet and fence - vents from _either_ side of the cabinet. Storage drawers for plunge bases, accessories, bits, 'n other such stuff... Built in collapsible casters, and the top is 1.5" thick MDF, absolutely flat and level, edge banded and laminated. 20 amp outlet and 10 foot 12 gauge power cord with a cord hook. Steel handles to roll it around with.
Works Great.
Plans? We don't need no steenkin' plans... You're looking at 'em. <g>
If I had it to do over again, I would use a Mast-R-Lift and a better router, instead of the toy-like PC 892. Perhaps someday...
Greg G.
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:55:55 -0800, SteveB wrote:

If you just want to get up and running, Harbor Freight recently started carrying a table / router combination.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Category.taf?CategoryIDb1&pricetype I've seen it in the store. It looka like a very nice table at a decent price point.
Bill