Router Magic Lathe

I am currently reading Router Magic by Bill Hylton and it looks like it has some fun stuff to try out in it. What lead me to the book, however, was the chapter on turning. Has anyone here actually build the machine he describes? Was it worth the work? It looks like a lot of fun, but could just turn into one of those never-ending projects that distracts me from my other projects.
Thanks, Richard
I have been somewhat half-heartedly collecting components but haven't actually put anything together yet.
Looks a lot like the Legacy mill thingy-bob.....for what that's worth....
I too would be interested in hearing/seeing anyone else's attempt at this jig/project
Bill W
wildbill wrote:

He is referring to this for those who haven't seen it. Dunno which came first... Chicken or egg? And not sure which is the chicken...
http://www.legacywoodworking.com /
Looking at the pictures at Legacy, it does seem to be the same type of thing. I don't know the quality, but they look pretty impressive and well built. However, they range in price from $400 - $10,000 which for the amount of turning I would probably do would take several lifetimes to justify. (maybe not the $400, but definitely the $10k :)
The Router Magic tool is made mostly from wood and bicycle parts. Definitely a stretch from my normal project, but does look like fun. So far, it is on my "make it soon" list.
Thanks, Richard
Richard wrote:

I have the same router book with that plan. It would be nice for fluting etc...