router bits

Have any of you bought these bits, if so how do you like them?
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/sp070731.htm

Someone asked the same thing a month ago, and you actually responded. Here's the thread to refresh your memory: http://tinyurl.com/2khf7p Andy

Yes I responded to Katana bits which I like a lot. If you take notice again these are not Katana bits. This is a special sale MLCS just came out with and I was wondering if anybody out there had purchased them. The bits portrayed in their ad do not look like their standard bits. I'm sure they are not Katana bits at that price. So take another look before you respond to my question please.

OK, I thought they looked just like the rest of MLCS's bits. Assuming that's the case, my thoughts about MLCS bits can be found in the thread linked above, and several other threads over the last couple years. To sum up, I have their 15-pc set, they're good but not amazing, and their free shipping is nice when you only need one bit. If you want nicer, longer-lasting bits, I'd suggest infinity.com (watch their closeouts) or holbren.com (good deals on Whiteside bits).
Do you suspect that the bits are NOT standard MLCS bits? If that's what you were asking, I guess I misunderstood your post, and maybe you should contact MLCS to clarify this (I've found their customer service very helpful).
Andy
Thu, Aug 16, 2007, 10:21am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@telnet.com (Dave) comes in and mumbles: <snip> So take another look before you respond to my question please.
If he looked at the link with his eyes open he could see what type of bits they are. And I don't know that anyone here would want to buy a 66 piece set of router bits. For me, that'd mean I'd have to find space to store about 65 bits I wouldn't be using - ever. Personally, my first impression is your're spamming us. Second impression too. But, on the off chance you aren't, but one bit, that's one individual bit, not the whole set, and try it. If you like it, buy some more if you want. If not, buy another brand. If you don't understand this, ask someone else.
Dave wrote:

Are you asking about MCLS bits or the bit package?
If about MCLS, I have several, like them fine.
If about a package, that's up to you. They generally include a bunch of bits that are seldom or never needed (I've never needed a 7/16 straight bit in 40 years) so I prefer to buy individual bits when I need them.
--

dadiOH

I've used MLCS (regular, not the Katana), Eagle America, Freud, Amana, Bosch, Infinity, Grizzly (both "regular" and "super duty") CMT, Jesada, Bits from Rockler, Woodworkers Supply. I think the Infinity bits represent the best value. Freud bits have been the most consistently high quality. For ME. I have given away plenty of MLCS and Grizzly bits. Just my 2 cents worth.
Max