Router bearing sizes

Ok, first off I'am a dope. Is there anyway to find out (easy) on what size bearing to use to get the right rabbet depth you need. All I have is a multi-rabbet bit set that has the smallest bearing (3/8) for a 1/2 inch rabbet. Problem is I want to make a 3/4 inch rabbet. Again. I'm a dope, do I need to buy a 3/4 rabbet bit or can I get a smaller bearing for this set or won't it cut it anyhow because of the bits diameter? I don't know how to figure all this, I flunked general math the first time

Don't feel bad Barry.
The Infinity Tools rabbet set came with a great little sheet of informationthat mapped bearing size / cutter size to depth. If they saw fit to spend the money to print it - it must be something that many people ask.
If you end up buying another set - I'd recommend theirs. Cut wonderfully.
If you can rout the 3/4 rabbet on the router table, take the bearing off the bit! Adjust the fence so it cuts 3/4" away from the TDC (max reach of cutter). Would do this in a couple of passes, this is an enormous cut in one pass. After the first cut, measure and change the fence x whatever you're short of 3/4". ********************** http://www.patwarner.com (Routers)

Hello Pat,
I was at your site eyeing your pattern bit sets. Do you or would you sell only 1 bit?
I can sell one bit, Leon. I trade on trust, the PRC dealer link at the http://www.patwarner.com/patternbits.html will trade with credit cards. *********************************************************************