Rouiter

I need another router my old craftsman is beyond repair ( I will try ) one of the old ones over 25 years. So I'm thinking about another new router I recently bought I have a Porter- cable 6911 and Hitachi M-12 . The Hitachi is my second one I had the older model but it feel of the work table. So I was thinking about another Hitachi KM 12VC or the PC 893PK. There is about $110 price dereference I really like PC tools but am pretty happy with the Hitachi M-12 but it doesn't see allot of use I use the small all the time. Any way that's two I'm considering any thoughts? or other suggestions ? I need the plunge base that's why I'm looking those two.
Not Rou-i-ter "Router" but I wonder what a Rouiter is? I might need one of those also

: Not Rou-i-ter "Router" but I wonder what a Rouiter is? I might need one : of those also
A rouiter is a power tool for stirring French and Cajun sauces.
--- Chip

will it work for paint?
: > A rouiter is a power tool for stirring French and Cajun sauces.
: will it work for paint?
Only if it's olive oil based paint.
--- Chip
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:28:40 +0000 (UTC), "Chip Buchholtz"

For olive oil you'd use a routeroleo.
Botta'-boopie? Botta-boopie! (I have a moustache, so I can speak Italian... <G>)

Peter? Is that you, Peter?
ROY! wrote:

My wife is 1/2 Italian, and I drive her nuts with that. <G>
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 18:36:21 +0000 (UTC), "Chip Buchholtz"

I thought that was a routier!
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:49:26 +0000, Sac Dave wrote:

DeWalt has a couple of nice kits with multiple bases. One with a regular and a plunge base and another with those two plus a D-handle.

Thanks but from my own experience with Dewalt. Everything I've bought Dewalt Dose not last .
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 01:35:57 +0000, Sac Dave wrote:

Interesting. My experience has been otherwise. I have a DeWalt scroll saw and router and have had no problems. The DeWalt planer is a big seller at the Woodcraft where I work and I haven't seen any coming back. I don't know much about their portable table saw.

I should have clarified. I talking about Cordless tools My experience the batteries do not last , the tools feel flimsy. They have started buy them at work Mostly for cast iron no-hub bands holes saws threw steel studs the 18V is what they are buying they just break in no time, the old 12V Makita's last forever. I bought myself a 14.4V drill the Dewalt rep said the batteries were good for 1200 charges, this was for home use the batteries went out in no time.
I have the PC 893PK; have been very happy with it, though I'll admit I haven't used it much yet. Plunge base works quite well.
Matt