rough sawn cedar question

Hello all, rhode island location. Before I go to the local mill, any ideas of what to expect for pricing for 1x8 rough sawn cedar?? doing a board&batten barn in my backyard. also, if you have recommendations for who I should go and see for the lumber, that would be helpful. Thanks.
$750/MBF for eastern white here in MI, but that's as it comes off the log. 1x8 is getting up into the higher grade stuff.
In vertical applications like board/batten, you might want to consider hemlock, which is not highly desired, or even true poplars, both available in wide boards for cheap, and hanging on barns unpainted for decades around here.

Not sure if this will help on the right coast but I've been sourcing some materials for a new product idea, needing Cedar. I found this Western Red Cedar organization to be a really helpful site. They have a dealer locator on the site somewhere. http://www.wrcla.org /
BW