Rojek 12" jointer/planer

Anyone have any experience with this tool? I notice they have a model that doesn't require flopping over the jointer table to use the planer. Seems like a step in the right direction for these combo type machines.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Payne

No it's not. I had an Inca Jointer/Planer, which did not have to be flipped. MAde it tougher to work the thicknesser.

Reply to
DarylRos

Why?

I've seen the Rojek in magazines and it seems like it makes great sense.

Tell us more, since you have actual experience and we have pictures.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I disagree. I own a Swedish made Moretens combination planer/thicknesser which has a fixed bed and experience no problems using the thicknesser. Actually, adjusting the infeed table takes >I notice they have a model that

Reply to
Robert MacKinnon

You can't do that with the Inca. Theoretically, you can run the stock through after jointing, but in reality, it's hard ot do. You have to remove the outfeed table. You also have to remove the chain housing, for reasons I never understood. It has some plastic bearigns that need constant adjustment. I now have a Felder, where the tables flip up. It might be the best made woodworkign machine I've ever seen.

I will be writing a review of it (2 parts) for our woodworkign club newsletter. The first part will be available online teh second weekf in August, and part 2 in September. In September, there will also be a "book" with photos and captions. It is at the Long Island Woodworkers Club newsletter, at

(previous issues have reviews of Knight Planes, and there also be an upcoming review of Laguna and mIniMax bandsaws-not sure when yet).

Reply to
DarylRos