Rojek 12" jointer/planer

Anyone have any experience with this tool? I notice they have a model that doesn't require flopping over the jointer table to use the planer. Seems like a step in the right direction for these combo type machines.
Doug

No it's not. I had an Inca Jointer/Planer, which did not have to be flipped. MAde it tougher to work the thicknesser.
On 25 Jul 2003 14:19:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (DarylRos) wrote:

Why?
I've seen the Rojek in magazines and it seems like it makes great sense.
Tell us more, since you have actual experience and we have pictures. <G>
Barry
I disagree. I own a Swedish made Moretens combination planer/thicknesser which has a fixed bed and experience no problems using the thicknesser. Actually, adjusting the infeed table takes <2 seconds to adjust between 0mm and 6mm. Once the once surface is flattened, I can immediately feed the work through the thicknesser from the outfeed table end. The chip collector is positioned so that it collects both from the planer and the thicknesser without needing any adjustment. The machine is a joy to use and simple in design (cheap too). The slight drawback is that the design of the chip collector means that the planer bed is 10cm smaller in width than the thicknesser (30cm for the planer, 40cm for the thicknesser).

You can't do that with the Inca. Theoretically, you can run the stock through after jointing, but in reality, it's hard ot do. You have to remove the outfeed table. You also have to remove the chain housing, for reasons I never understood. It has some plastic bearigns that need constant adjustment. I now have a Felder, where the tables flip up. It might be the best made woodworkign machine I've ever seen.
I will be writing a review of it (2 parts) for our woodworkign club newsletter. The first part will be available online teh second weekf in August, and part 2 in September. In September, there will also be a "book" with photos and captions. It is at the Long Island Woodworkers Club newsletter, at www.liwoodworkers.org (previous issues have reviews of Knight Planes, and there also be an upcoming review of Laguna and mIniMax bandsaws-not sure when yet).