Rockler haul... you may want to head there

I didnt know Rockler had a store near me until I got a flyer in the mail from them. So I went down to the store today and I have to say it has a great sale going on. Stop me if you've heard this one...

I got 8 feet of t-track with 20 t-bolts and several different types of nuts (thumbscrew, star, etc) for 22 bucks, as it was buy one get one free. I got some glue accessories (brush set, application kit) for around 7 bucks. My favorite was getting two mobile bases for 75 bucks - they had a buy anything and get another of equal or lesser value for 50% off. I also added a couple of parts I've been meaning to get to my dust collection setup. I got several other odds and ends for what I consider really good deals. I didn't buy any, but that had some nice veneers on the buy one get one free deals too.

All in all I spent around $150 (much to the chagrin of SWMBO) and walked out with around $215 worth of goods. Thats a pretty good savings. Now I understand what she means when she comes home from the store with bags in hand and says something like 'Honey, for that price I couldnt afford not to buy these'.

Mike W.

Reply to
Mike W.

I know what you mean. I stopped by the Schaumburg, IL store last week looking for T-track and saw the 2-fer deal on the kits. I actually stopped a salesperson to make sure I was understanding the deal correctly. Yep...

2-fer. Schawwing!!!

With that savings in mind, I bought a router guide and a router base plate and ended up even. Then, since I needed a 3/4" bit for the T-track mounting, I also got a 1/2" flush-trim bit for half off. It felt like Christmas. I do love that store.

I was worried the wife would question the 80$ purchase at Rockler, but so far she hasn't said anything.

Reply to
Hedley

"Hedley" spewed forth in message news:D2myf.6780$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...

If you were so concerned you shoulda got permission first ;-)

Reply to
big-sissy

Hey.. its common knowledge that it's a lot easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission. My shop is built almost entirely on that principle. :-)

Mike W.

big-sissy wrote:

Reply to
Mike W.

Don't know about common knowledge. I don't need permission to spend money, but I spend it responsibly. Get what I want when I can afford it and when I need it. Nothing to be forgiven about that way. It's a grown-up thing. Do what you want , when you want to...responsibly. Sorry to get off topic here...

I did put some grooves in the frame for a plexiglass sliding window today. For a door I'm making for my two girl dogs new bedroom. Sliding plexi window on top and swinging doggie dor on the bottom panel. Coming along nicely. Have a nice day! ;-)

Reply to
big-sissy

Oh man... I think that one flew right over your head.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Agreed. He'll probably stay outta trouble that way though.

:-)

Mike W.

Reply to
Mike W.