Restore BS Blade Set

Now that I figured out why my Bandsaw wouldn't cut a curve. Is there an easy way to restore the set on the teeth so I don't have to tose it out? Or is the manufactures blade so cheap it is worth the time and fustration?

Thanks Marcus

Reply to
marcus

Marcus wrote:>

Get a new blade. They're pretty reasonably priced, except for those "Timberwolves" and their ilk. Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

Well, you can use a hand saw set. But you'd have to do each tooth individually, and unless you have *way, way* more time than money I'd just toss the blade. Besides, the chance of getting all those teeth evenly set with a hand set is pretty low, and if they're not even, you won't get a smooth cut and the blade won't cut straight.

You could just save it for *straight* cuts in thin material :-)

Reply to
Paul Franklin

" snipped-for-privacy@kellermanns.com" wrote in news:ch09es$ snipped-for-privacy@odak26.prod.google.com:

Near where I live are at least two places with whom I have done business, who buy bandsaw blade material in bulk, and will make blades to fit your bandsaw, at very reasonable pricing. These are usually shops which cater to industry and the trades, and will do these for hobby users such as ourselves, if we are patient and reasonable.

Since bandsaw blades are usually consumables, a good relationship with one of these shops is nice to nurture. If there is a woodworking club in your area, they can likely point you toward one where they have an established relationship.

In the SF Bay Area, Hastings Saw and Bay Area Carbide are two good ones. There likely are others.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

Pistol grip saw blade setters for handsaws will work on a bandsaw blade. I sharpen resaw blades frequently but I have not tried to reset them. Try a good hardware store nearby first. You may have to buy it online as I haven't seen one for sale since I bought mine in 1962.

mike

Reply to
mike

Got a question for you, how'd the blade set go away? You move the guides up onto the teeth of the blade? Can't figger out how else it'd disappear. Keep the guides BEHIND the gullet (bottom of the teeth). If you had the guides up that far, must have played hell on the blade as soon as you tried to cut an arc..

Reply to
patrick mitchel

On 30 Aug 2004 19:41:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com (mike) calmly ranted:

, $0.99 to $50.00, available nearly all the time.

----------------------------------------- Jack Kevorkian for Congressional physician!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yes.