Replace Duo Fast 350

I am interested in replacing my ancient Duo Fast CN 350 framing nailer. I have lots of nails (they seem to be 21 deg plastic collated but I am not sure). I would like to buy a replacement gun, not necessarily Duo Fast. Does anyone know a lighter weight gun which DEFINITELY uses these nails. Thanks, Richard

the NR83A2 Hitachi Framing Nailer is a 22 degree gun. I have had success running nails that are a degree or two different from what the gun was built for. take a stick of your nails to your best local tool dealer and compare them to what they have in stock, and try the guns for balance and heft...
If the replacement does not need to be new, the Hitachi NR83A has been around for quite some time, so used ones should be plentiful. If you like the new features such as depth of drive and selectable trigger control, then only the most recent models have them. The weight is 7.9 pounds and it is very well balanced. I have the NR83A with the selectable trigger from an A2 model installed.

I bought a heavy HF 04041 21 degree wih plastic collated nails just to check it out for a small project prior to doing a deck. It is around 10 lbs though.
I found some generic 21 degree nails and they say that they are for these guns:
Dewalt D51845 Hitachi NR83A and NR90AC2 Porter Cable FR350 and FR350MAG Senco All Fram Pro 600 FRH and 700FRH series
Hope this helps.
RonT
Richard wrote:

Nail boxes commonly list the gun models they will work with. A box that mentions your model will provide list of other models that will work.
ray