repairing a damaged box lid

I've got a damaged box lid - the top is ok but the lid is badly dented - see the exaggerated schematic below. I tried planing the edge but couldn't get a sufficiently accurate match to the body of the box. I figure a band saw might do the trick but I've only got a table saw and router table. Can anyone suggest a jig to even up the edge of the lid? TIA ... John.
--
John Jameson