repair of hand cranked grinder - followup

I posted a question a couple of days ago about how to repair the iron casting on a hand cranked grinder. The casting broke cleanly (two pieces - no shards or crumbles), but one of the pieces contained the hole for one end of the shaft. Someone suggested I try a product called JB Weld - "cold weld" epoxy. The manufacturer claims it can be used to repair the likes of engine blocks. I liked the idea because it would avoid the use of welding heat and possible distortion of the shaft bearing member. For $4, I had nothing to lose.
I cleaned and degreased both halves with Acetone. Then I put them together with JB weld. I put them together with the shaft in place to ensure alignment. This stuff takes a long cure time (15 plus hours). It worked like a charm. The grinder is now back together and turning like a fine watch. It remains to be seen how it holds up in the long term, but for now I'm a happy camper.
Bob
I thought it was a power grnder. I have used JB Weld around the house/farm for a bunch of repairs. Some held and some did not. It is sure worth a try.