reliant 14" bandsaw

My band saw's blade wont track on the center of bottom wheel. Top is fine ,but nothing I have done will get it to leave the outsde of the bottom wheel. the two wheels are on plane with each other... PLEASE HELP

Reply to
fsteddie

Possibly a worn rubber ???

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Now this is what I call a fine tee up. By the time my post registers, I wonder how many will have driven their shots right on the green...

Straightly yours, H.

Reply to
Hylourgos

The wheel might be crowned improperly, which you could fix by having it machined. You might also be able to build it up to the correct profile using masking tape. Alternatively, the rubber tire might be thicker on one side than the other. If so, try turning it around, or get a new one.

Reply to
Tom Young

Reply to
fsteddie

If the two wheels are truly in plane, I would look at the tire (grooved. crowned, etc.). Regards, Hank

"Bill, that cigar really stinks". Hillary Rodham Clinton

Reply to
Henry St.Pierre

Actually it could be a tire but is more likely the blade. The blade should never be centered on the bottom wheel perfectly though. The tooth side of the blade is shorter than the back side. This is just the way bandsaw blades are. It should be close though.

Reply to
MSgeek