Recommend dovetail jig

Looking at dovetail jigs for full and half joints with regular and variable spacing. Desire ease of setup, accuracy, and repeatability, with good instructions. Projects: arts and crafts case goods, drawers and the like using baltic birch & hardwoods. Any good comparison sites? Recommendations? Experiences?
Leigh D4

Ditto
I have the Leigh D4 and it is amazing. Based on your list of requirements, the D4 fits the bill perfectly. You mention "good instructions". I've never seen a better manual than the one that comes with the D4. I bought mine about 6 years ago, so hopefully, the manual and D4 is still as good. The only down-side is that it's pricey. You get what you pay for though...

I've had a D4 for 5 years and even have some of the additional templates.
A good feature rarely mentioned is the customer service from leigh. I once was having a problem. After talking to the people at leigh on their 800 number I was able to figure out what I was doing wrong (a dull brained momment). Another time my jig fell off the table bending some parts. I called leigh and I had replacement parts in days.
Mike Dembroge wrote:

Try here http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/dovetail_jig_compare.htm
I know that I saw another with an older gentleman and a lady working the same shop. His reviews were more like articles. It gets a bit confusing with all the detail which could make the link above more valuale in its simplicity.
Another good router site http://www.patwarner.com /

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:23:08 GMT, "fireant"

I agree about the D4. It is a little hard to grasp at first, but if you follow the instructions you should have no problems.
Gary
"fireant" wrote in message

Let me add my ditto's to the din ... the Leigh D4, and any new iteration, is the gold standard and hard to beat.
Leigh is one of those companies that the MBA's have yet to taint ... they make a solid product, to exacting standards, and with caring customer service.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06
Swingman wrote:

get the D4. I have the D1600 and love it. Once you get the hang of it, it's a snap to do dovetails. Inlayed dovetails are also easy with it.
I have the D4 and the Incra fench system, and use both, depending on the job. For what you say you're going to use it for, I recommend the D4.
The Incra is more versatile, but has some drawbacks - the joints are slightly hollow, for example, and the setup is picky wrt centering the boards. The D4, however, makes fully solid joints, which are a bit stronger, and the setup is a little more robust, especially if you're doing more than one item in a batch (i.e. six drawers at a time).
OTOH, if you tend to work with smaller items (like, 1/4" stock), the Incra is more usable in the small scale, easily supporting down to 1/8" thick stock. I use the Incra for smaller items where strength is less critical (like small boxes or serving trays), and the D4 for larger items or items needing more strength (like drawers).

D4
Dave