Recommend a glue for hardwood to tile contact?

I recently installed some Iroko floors and decided to mill all the transition pieces myself, since I have some Iroko laying around (doesn't everyone?).
The transition pieces will sit roughly half on ceramic tile and half on the pre-finished flooring (which has some kind of polyurethane finish).
Can anyone recommend the right glue for this application? I want to make a strong bond, but not the kind that it would take a jackhammer to remove. So construction adesive/liquid nails is out, as would be (I think) gorilla glue.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, and Happy New Year to all of you except the spammers.
PQ
PetQuality wrote:

Why do you need to remove the tile later? Hot melt?
dave
PetQuality wrote:

The mastic used to glue tile to underlayment might work. NOT the grout sold as mastic and grout, the pure adhesive without fillers.
I think the newer latex-based mastics are not as sticky as the older petroleum-based mastics, but they might work.
A heat gun or solvent would probably soften it, but I'd think that either would also work on liquid nails.
--

FF

My reasoning for wanting to avoid construction adhesive is "just in case" for down the road... in case the tile needs to be replaced, or the transition piece needs to be repaired, etc. In a pinch I don't think it'd kill me to use something as permanent as liquid nails, I'd just rather take it back a couple of notches so that it's a firm hold but still removable if needed.
PQ
PetQuality wrote:

Why not use trim screws?
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
PetQuality wrote:

SikaFlex 291.
Lew
On 2 Jan 2006 12:09:23 -0800, "PetQuality"

What ever you would normally use to attach the tile to a wooden subfloor.
BArry