Reccomendations for smaller more portable chop saw?

I'm looking to get a Chop saw for my Step-Dad. He does not have much room and his miter box is getting tired.
Was looking for something that he can whip out and make a few cuts and then store it.
Any Suggestions welcome...
Thanks! Scott<-
100$ Delta 10" - weighs about 30#, very portable.
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 02:01:43 GMT, "Scott Townsend"

I was in a local Sears parts/service store last week and they had a VERY BASIC Delta 10" priced in the $50 range. The sales associate said it would go on sale even cheaper during July.
Warning - VERY BASIC means miter only - no compound tilt, but very compact and lightweight. I was thinking about buying one for our son's birthday but it was too basic.
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 02:01:43 GMT, "Scott Townsend"

    I chose Hitachi because it is light and fairly compact. It's also a much higher quality than most.
    Should you buy one, look at where it was made. I notice the ones at the borg are made in China while the ones I find elsewhere are made in other countries and seem to be of better quality.
                Peter
Thank you all for your comments.
I looked at the units and the Delta did look pretty good, though I setteled for the DeWalt 703. It was not as light and as compact, but seemed a bit better built and more solid. I have both the 12" compound and the 12" compound Slider (both DeWalt) for myself and really like them.
Just seemed like I saw a Mikita that was pretty compact and portable, came in a case and everything. Could not find it at the few stores a paroused.
Thanks again!
Scott<-