chop saw/compound mitre saw

And whilst I'm on the subject of pwer tools..............

Any recommendations for an affordable chop saw? I saw a Ryobi (2500A - I think) for £80, not bad for the power rating.

Budget is between £50-£120.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Reply to
MattP

I am using a Rexon M2501A, (I think), £80 from b&q warehouse in Leeds. Reduced cos it was 110V. I believe they are now doing something similar in 240V, it does well for a cheapy. Ebay can be quite good for second hand Makita and DeWalt stuff.

Reply to
Lurch

Rutlands have just started a new Fox range which have caught my attention. Perhaps others can offer thoughts about the Fox range?

email to my published email address isn't guaranteed to reach me.

Reply to
PoP

Yeah, looks good value for the money £99.

I did notice that BanQ have got a Ryobi 1400w compound for £70, reduced from £100.

Reply to
MattP

In message , PoP writes

I noticed those, the 290mm one at £149.95 looks good, has nice looking fine-tooth blade, dual bar slide. There's a B&Q one and an Axminster one at similar prices, but are single slide bar models, which doesn't seem like a good idea for rigidity of the head. Had a play with a few slide compounds in B&Q the other day, annoyed that the P-pro £169 model (2000W) was locked down in its transport mode and I couldn't figure out how to release it.

Reply to
Steven Briggs

I've got the B&Q one, and it's pretty rigid. But doesn't slide very well, unlike the twin bar types. As such I tend to use the slide as a sort of preset, but cutting even 12" board doesn't show the 'join'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman