rec.woodworking book?

Page 1 of 2
Why doesn't rec.woodworking band together and write a book about an aspect of woodworking. Like Hand planes and planing? The cumulative knowledge here seems to be more than elsewhere.
Peter
On 23 Feb 2005 10:04:49 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Probably 'cuz if you took all the posters of rec.woodworking and lined us up end-to-end, we'd point in all directions?
Charles Krug wrote:

But we'd all be having fun.
Actually, several editors and writers of many of the woodworking magazines monitor the group, along with WoodCentral forums and the like, and do articles on some of the threads "gems".
The real challenge would be organizing anarchy - herding cats would be a hell of a lot easier.
charlie b
We would not.
--
Jeff P.

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

We most certainly wood.
We wood knot! Ha, let's see you top that one.
--
Jeff P.

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

(sigh)...not this agrain.
You mean a top knot?
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Frayed not.
--RC
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 02:09:07 GMT, Rick Cook

Oh what the hey . . .
Okay, for our first article, what is the ONE CORRECT WAY to make a dado? *grins wickedly and ducks*

I know..don't pay her. Or is that another.... oooops

1: Start with wood 2: A miracle happens 3: Voila! a perfect dado.
(We might have to be a little more in that second step.)
--
be safe.
flip

That's easy. You do it my way. Everyone else is wrong.
Wed, Feb 23, 2005, 10:04am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com asks: Why doesn't rec.woodworking band together and write a book about an aspect of woodworking. Like Hand planes and planing? The cumulative knowledge here seems to be more than elsewhere.
Been done. http://webpages.charter.net/29Y/woodworking/books /
Hey when did Fleamarkets come out!
J T wrote:

LOL! Very L!
Dan

I'd suggest "Buying a tablesaw" as a first title.
;-)
--
"I'm a man, but I can change... If I have to... I guess." -- Red Green

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Have you ever tried to herd cats?
Barry
B a r r y wrote:

Herding cats is easy. You shoot 'em and stack 'em.
Steve Stripling Huntville, AL
On 23 Feb 2005 10:04:49 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

it's called google.