rec.woodworking anti-faq

Here is one I like:

1.5 WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN I SEE A POST I DON'T LIKE? First, and most importantly, you should take offence. Obviously the author is an insensitive bastard who is hell-bent on hurting your feelings. He is an arrogant asshole who deserves much worse than he will ever receive. Others may tell you that the guy was "just having a bad day," or that he "didn't mean anything by it," but don't you believe it. Remain steadfast and do not waver in your efforts to get even with the idiot.

Rant and rave, but be sure to do so publicly, by posting to the group rather than by sending e-mail. Otherwise, how will anyone else know what a jerk the other guy is? Don't hold back, and don't let up until you receive satisfaction, or until the thread has reached 100 articles in length, whichever comes first. Telling someone how stupid they are is called a "flame." If you read a flame, please respond to it, even if you have no interest whatsoever in the issue at hand. This makes the newsgroup much more lively and interesting to read.

If you find yourself in the middle of a flame war and attacked from all sides with nobody supporting you, just give yourself some support. It's easy. Just change the email address in your newsreading software and write a bunch of posts under assumed names. Nobody will notice and it will give added credibility to your position.

If you see a spelling mistake, grammatical error, or typo, post a reply with the offending error underlined with carets (circumflex accents to those who studied French, the thingie above the "6" key for the rest of you ignorami). Make sure you question the original poster's intelligence and woodworking ability in your post. If he/she can't spell, can he/she be trusted with a table saw or a plane without spilling blood all over the place? This is the only helpful way to deal with errors in grammar and spelling and educating the original poster, while avoiding the shedding of blood.

BTW the correct spelling accepted in rec.woodworking for some words are joiner, planner, hobbiest, radio alarm saw

*read the whole thing here:*
RayV

I listen to my radio alarm saw all the time. Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

Dadoes.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I can't hear mine when the mitre saw is running. Usually happens when my favorite Bob Dillon song Four Ever Younge is plaid.

BTW - what's the plural of dado?

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

Dado _is_ plural. The singular is "hedo" or "shedo" or "itdo".

Reply to
J. Clarke

Dodo

Reply to