Re: What is it? XLIX

Page 3 of 3

    I said "complete shutter *assembly*". That is shutter blades, timing mechanism *and* iris diaphragm.
    The iris is only part of it. Did you bother to look at his latest set of images of that one item from many views? It has the provisions for setting several (quite slow) shutter speeds.
    The shutter happens to be open, so what was initially photographed and presented in the puzzle was only the iris diaphragm, but he has the whole shutter assembly there -- except for the lens elements which screw in behind and in front of the iris and shutter.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
On 19 Feb 2005 21:44:06 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@d-and-d.com (DoN. Nichols) wrote:

Sorry, no I hadn't - I'd only seen the original close-up.
Nice to see a shutter with the original pneumatic remote release.

The aperature control is at the bottom. The top is a shutter control. I don't see the shutter itself; perhaps the aperture and the shutter are the same device, the film being insensitive enough to make the small opening not a concern.