Re: Table saw - good deal?

aluminum table is super light weight. The arbor will. CEDAR! Does it

> get much softer than that? The arbor will only accept up to a 3/8" dado

Not that I disagree that the saw in question is a POS, but cedar is one of the hardest softwoods there is. Harder than several hardwoods.

I guess it depends on if you have left coast "cedar" or right coast "cedar" too.

Reply to
Silvan

There's "cedar" and there's "cedar". Go to FPL

and plug "cedar" and you'll find over 500 hits, not all of which have properties recorded in the database. Just looking at a couple, one species of "eastern white cedar" is about as hard as white pine and about half as hard as one species of "eastern red cedar".

As far as hardwoods vs softwoods goes, that has little to do with hardness--balsa is a "hardwood".

Reply to
J. Clarke