Re: Supplier for steel bars for tablesaw jig runners

I bought a .001" dial caliper, took it to HD, and found that for 2 pieces about 3/4"x 1/2" x 18" the closest thing was a 1"x3" select pine finger joint. I sanded the width down about .020" and then cut two 18" pieces to 1/2" heights. Screwed from the top of my sled down. Mint.
BTW, mdf is always pretty close to exact i.e 1/4" = .250" 1/2" = .500" 3/4" = .750"
-
I had to buy a 6' or 8' piece, the straightest.
I used select pine 2x4s for the sled F adjustable +/- 1/16" and R fence. Just screwed them on! Man they come straight and flat! Oversized holes along the length of the bottom, and round or flat head screws for under up (CS screws do not align holes! . after the 2 guides are attached to the bottom, while in the tracks. Align F fence after raising blade through.
-