Is it a bad sign when your dust mask and eye protection get too comfortable?

I was routing out the last couple dados in a project this morning when I realized I needed to grab some screws from Lowes, so off I drove. I didn't realize until I was in the checkout line that I was still wearing my dust mask and glasses. I probably looked like a woodworking terrorist. ;)

Reply to
Brian Henderson

It's when you forget your pants that they get upset.

Sounds like you have a good dust mask. What do you use?

RicodJour

LOL!

I have an old pair of black sweats I wear in the shop that have a huge hole in the rear. I put them on when applying finishes then usually take them right off. The hole isn't normally a big deal because I usually wear boxers and never wear these sweats outside anyway. But one day I was in a hurry so put on the sweats sans boxers then promptly headed down to HD for a leisurely stroll around the store. Now it's not just my wife and doctor who know I have a pink hairy ass.

Reply to
Jimmy

J at the shop wrote:I have an old pair of black sweats I wear in the shop that have a huge hole in the rear. I put them on when applying finishes then usually take them right off. The hole isn't normally a big deal because I usually wear boxers and never wear these sweats outside anyway. But one day I was in a hurry so put on the sweats sans boxers then promptly headed down to HD for a leisurely stroll around the store. Now it's not just my wife and doctor who know I have a pink hairy ass.

Ewwww...pink hairs? Tom

Reply to
tom

I haven't left the dust mask on, but I take off with my safety glasses all the time... Probably because I wear glasses for distance so I'm used to feeling glasses when I drive.. *g*

I've had several comments from friends about the "designer" look... *lol* Mac

mac davis

And you're allowed to drive?

Reply to
Larry Bud

You didn't once glance up into the rearview mirror?

Reply to
Locutus

if you can see yourself in the rearview mirror, it's not adjusted correctly.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Dunno about you, but my rearview mirror shows the view out the back window, not my own reflection...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

As does mine, but I can certianly see myself by raising up a little or adjusting the mirror down a little... or in the reflection of the window... in the reflection of the HD doors..

I guess he didnt feel the need to scratch his nose? rub his eye?

Unless the HD is a block from his house, I just think it sounds like BS...

Reply to
Locutus

You need a mirror to find your nose? ;)

RicodJour

Unless you're younger than 40 or so, I think *not* admitting to occasionally doing stuff like that sounds like BS.

Reply to
Doug Payne

LOL, no, but in the processing of scratching my nose I think I might notice the mask covering it. :)

Reply to
Locutus

I don't know, I too have gone out still wearing my dust mask, although not on my face but hanging around my neck. My safety glasses too, most all of the time I'll run out with them on, they are prescription so I don't usually notice. Lowes is about 5 min down the street from me and I know they notice me. I haved walked in wearing sweats and looking like a bum many times! Have you noticed that the "SELECT" wood they sell means you have to spend hours "selecting" a straight piece? Now that my shop is ready for sawdust making I need to find a mill, I can go to Woodcraft but wheeeeew those prices!

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

Naaa.. I'm buying it.

After spending a couple of days installing some countertops at The Holiday Inn, I got used to wearing my hardhat. Whenever I pulled up to the site, on it went.

I stopped by the grocery store on the way home, and promptly put on my hardhat as I left my van.

It wasn't till some shopper looked up to read my company logo that I realized I had it on my head.

No harm done. My mother says the hat makes me look smart... and I can use all the help I can get in that department.

I also tried to remove my earmuffs when the phone rang the other day...I wasn't wearing them. Got a handful of ear. A WTF moment.

Reply to
Robatoy

Been there - done that - have the T shirt!

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

I tried to take a sip of coffee while I was wearing mine - still have the stains on my work apron!

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

BTDT. What really upsets me is when I jump into the truck with a screwdriver in my back pocket!! Dave

Reply to
Teamcasa

lol. I can understand it. I was working in the basement on something with my dust mask on. I kept coming back up stairs to watch the game. pretty soon I was used to being upstairs with the mask on too. I can see how this can extend further and further beyond the workbench.

especially when you are going to get one quick piece.

Reply to
dnoyeB

Depends on the car. In my Vette, it's small enough that you can see the edge of your head when the mirror is adjusted properly, depending on seat position.

Reply to
Larry Bud