Re: Stainable wood filler

I have purchased Famowood fir and Famowood red oak as well as small containers of three other kinds of fillers. When I apply the stain (Minwax Golden Oak) all of the fillers are significantly darker than the rest of the oak.
I think I am going to have to try some methods AFTER applying stain and urethane to the project such as have been suggested in this thread (stainable wood glue and oak saw dust seems to be the best one for me to try). I have some miters that are showing more joint than I want. I want to fill those joints so that they are less visible.
Tomorrow I am going to try to find some stainable wood glue (someone in this thread suggested Elmers) to use for the patchup work. Does anyone have any further advice for me? I have greatly appreciated the help so far but I am still not where I want to be vis a vis lack of visibility of the filling.

Dick Snyder wrote:

Wax. Colored wax. Like the "putty sticks".
--
dadiOH