RE: Saw Horse

"probably less than $2 each, not counting the 10 to 15 minutes labor it takes to make one."

Sonny,

You sure work cheap. at $2 for fifteen minutes of skilled labor, it works out to minimum wage. At $16/hr, that time would equate to Four Dollars w/o benefits.

Gooey

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

" saw horse is listed in Mother Earth."

I'm sure it has its function. But absent the need for whatever it was invented / created to do, I'll stick with my old design.

Though I would like to see details and pics on the Folding Sawhorse mentioned here.

And details on which of the folding metal horses also mentioned here that writer found so useful. Perhaps the yellow horses sold at Home Depot?

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

I'm starting to understand why others think you have a reading comprehension problem. :-)

"not counting"

Reply to
-MIKE-

He's got more than shop space. Everything I've ever seen of Morris' setup is elegantly ...engineered.. I think that's the appropriate word here.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

Thank you, but you should know that I don't bother to take photos of the things that don't turn out so well - or the stuff that's less likely to be interesting.

My budget is pretty tight, and most of what I might otherwise spend on "ready-made" stuff goes into solar R&D. When I absolutely have to have something, I look for inexpensive ways to build it for myself - which is why you see all the 1x4, 2x4, and inexpensive plywood in my shop equipment - and since I can't afford to waste even that, I usually build the stuff several times in my head and on paper before I work up the courage to make any sawdust.

Every now and then, when I have time, I take a short tour of websites belonging to regulars here, and I've never failed to be inspired by the ingenuity and polish of the projects I see. For anyone who's never done that, I think you'll find a lot to admire and think about.

Reply to
Morris Dovey