RE: Saw Horse

Page 2 of 2

LOL, I prefer the light weight plastic ones my self.
When we were building our house our framer had three wooden horses that looked like they had been around for 20 years. Beat to hell, full of saw cuts and open screw holes where all kinds of temporary things had been attached. I commented on the age and he said "Yeah, I get a year or two out of them and then make new ones."
"HeyBub" wrote:

Eat your Wheaties to start your day, then think?
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I got tired of having to store sawhorses, so I built a pair of folding ones. Two three foot 2x4's for the top, hinged together at the bottom with a pair of 3" butt hinges. The legs are 30" 1x6's, let into the ends of the 2x4's with 12 lap joints, then glued with construction adhesive and nailed with roofing nails.
They are immensely strong, light weight, and they fold flat when you hang them on the wall. The top is cut from a six foot 2x4, and the legs from a ten foot 1x6. The only waste is the little wedges that you cut from each end of the top pieces.
(the 12 lap joints were a little hard to cut without a bandsaw)
Bob
" saw horse is listed in Mother Earth."
I'm sure it has its function. But absent the need for whatever it was invented / created to do, I'll stick with my old design.
Though I would like to see details and pics on the Folding Sawhorse mentioned here.
And details on which of the folding metal horses also mentioned here that writer found so useful. Perhaps the yellow horses sold at Home Depot?