Re: !!! REQ >> Shop Notes << Flood? Please

Gearhead wrote:
I hate this redneck bastard so here's the URL:
    http://www.redneckrepairs.org/soft/bookz/woodwork/
There are quite a number of Shopnotes on this page and a person can max out a 5mbps connection. So Pound the Livin' Daylights out of this webpage and don't give the server any mercy. Get a copy of Flashget, que the whole page and Let'r Rip.
            haveaniceday.

It is unbelievable that nobody has shut him down for copywrite infringement.

Why would ShopNotes want to shut down someone giving them free advertising by showing all of their indexes? The only thing he could possibly be doing is creating a demand for their back issues.
Dave Hall

by
If you look closely you will see that their back issues are there as well. Perhaps that changes your conclusion.
-j
J wrote:

advertising
doing is

well.
Sorry, all I saw were the indexes and everything seemed to be of 1 page size. I can't go back to see why I was confused as apparently someone HAS shut him down.
Dave Hall
On 05 Feb 2005 00:54:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (David Hall) wrote:

Because he's also offering the entire issues.
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 14:13:37 +0000, Neil Larson wrote:

Apparently he IS shut down. Yesterday I downloaded the pdf of the only issue I already own. Today the website is dead ... 404 message and all.
Bill
--
Uptimes below for Linux machines. One desktop, one web server.
19:54:00 up 28 days, 6:30, 3 users, load average: 0.48, 0.15, 0.04