Re: Re: What tool to use to cut stair nose ?

On Tue, 30 Aug 2016

borrowing usually leads to abuse of the tool and possibly any relationship between the lender and the lendee will become strained
fwiw sawzalls are usually reserved for doing demolition type work but they do sometimes work in a pinch
when that tip hits something it should be something you do not care about
but i do like the tool and it works great for demoing wood frame construction
On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 12:19:21 AM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:

Interesting viewpoint... Abusing a tool that is primarily used for demolition? Hmmm... I tend to take better care of someone else's tools, for fear of having to buy a brand new tool only to give it away (should it break under my stewardship). But that's just me, I guess...
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

It's not just you, if I borrow a tool I'm responsible with and for it. I also try to get it back to the owner as soon as possible, I don't want them in my possession any longer than necessary. When possible, I return it to the owner's hands directly along with a Thank You.
Some lenders have a "you got it from my hands, it goes back in my hands" policy. Even when they don't state it, that's what I try to do. The owner can then put the tool where he wants it and also hopefully remembers not only putting it away but talking to me when I return it.
Puckdropper
On 31 Aug 2016 09:57:27 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

I'll also buy the blades I need for the job, and a few more. They go back with the tool.