Re: Re: What tool to use to cut stair nose ?

The cheapest and best way I've found is : either borrow or buy a

> sawsall with a course blade. Cut in the middle of the riser and angle

borrowing usually leads to abuse of the tool and possibly any relationship between the lender and the lendee will become strained

fwiw sawzalls are usually reserved for doing demolition type work but they do sometimes work in a pinch

when that tip hits something it should be something you do not care about

but i do like the tool and it works great for demoing wood frame construction

Reply to
Electric Comet

Interesting viewpoint... Abusing a tool that is primarily used for demolition? Hmmm... I tend to take better care of someone else's tools, for fear of having to buy a brand new tool only to give it away (should it break under my stewardship). But that's just me, I guess...

Reply to
bnwelch

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

It's not just you, if I borrow a tool I'm responsible with and for it. I also try to get it back to the owner as soon as possible, I don't want them in my possession any longer than necessary. When possible, I return it to the owner's hands directly along with a Thank You.

Some lenders have a "you got it from my hands, it goes back in my hands" policy. Even when they don't state it, that's what I try to do. The owner can then put the tool where he wants it and also hopefully remembers not only putting it away but talking to me when I return it.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I'll also buy the blades I need for the job, and a few more. They go back with the tool.

Reply to
krw