Re: Proto Tools

Hi ye'all
Can anyone tell me how good are Proto Tools from Ingersoll-Rand? I just inherited a bunch of tools of this brand from my father. I did a little research an know that in 1984 Proto Tools was sold to Stanley and are suppose to be the best industrial hand tools in America. But that is now, what about when Ingersoll-Rand made them.
Also, is there a way to determine their value today? I wouldn't mind cataloging them with their market value for insurance purposes.
Thanks!
Rose
Proto made and continues to make a very good tool. As for determining value, a properly functioning old wrench is just as valuable and useful as a new one of simulair quality.
Dave

I have proto sockets, ratchets and wrenches that I purchased new in the 60's and they are just as good today as they were then so I guess I would say they are good tools.
Rick
--
webservant for

Web design for churches http://www.gibs-web.ca