Re: Paneling under drywall?

Veneer core yes, OK, somewhat better than particleboard.
UA100
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:48:34 -0500, "Tim V"

    I assume you mean you want to drive nails into the wall after it is finished to hang things on.
    It would have to be very good panneling to not crack under a load. I wouldn't do it. I would end up hanging something too heavy on a nail and it would come out.
    A better idea is to figure in advance where you want to hang things and put a 2x? between the studs at that height. Or put a board up over the drywall that spans the space between studs.
    If you want to put the panneling undereath to have something to attach drywall to, no, it won't work. Quarter-inch is not substantial enough.
            Peter