Re: OT - OLDER THAN DIRT QUIZ

Page 5 of 8

Am I wrong or do your packs have 25 cigs each? If so and if there are still 10 packs to a carton, then yours have 25% more cigarettes. Still pricy, but works to about $39 US per 100 cig carton. I think that Marlboros are now about $38 or so in PA as they just kicked the tax up another $3.50. Good thing I quit a couple years ago.
says...

name).
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:29:54 -0700, "George M. Kazaka"

In the late 30's they were $1.50/carton of ten.
Remove TIE to reply.
Bill, you aren't from Kentucky by any chance are you?
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:52:42 GMT, "Jerry Gilreath"

Anderson Indiana
Remove TIE to reply.
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:41:58 -0500 (EST), T.'s fingers viciously stabbed at an innocent keyboard to form the now famous if slightly awkward haiku:

WOW, I remember 13 and I'm only 43 years young.

Hell, I remember them all and personally experienced 19 of them. I'm only 46. Like everything else around me, dirt is getting younger every year ;)
Dave Hall
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 22:54:11 -0500, Mowgli wrote:

Shoot, I remember 10 1/2 and I'm just a 33 year-old baby. Maybe I have an old soul?
-Joe
Mowgli responds:

I'll trade any day. Your real shock comes when you realize your kids are getting gray hairs and facial lines.
Charlie Self

Greg
Up yours. Now go back to posting plans for us.
Just kidding of course, but this was a bad test. How can 47 be older than dirt? I'm in the middle of my mid-life crisis and you bring this up...
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"T." < snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net> wrote in message

Hey Larry, I'm 46 and considering having a mid-life crisis. Problem is, I don't really think I'll live to 92 so I'm afraid I'm too late ;)
Dave

Scored 24 out of 25.
#3-- a pack in my desk right now #7-- presume you mean telephone, two rings. #14--in the closet #16--in the storage shed #18--that's not old, I remember helping my mother make copies using pans of geletain #19--package in the drawer, little ones, number 5s, #11 clear #22--still have my first one #23--there are still drive-ins #25--you mean with a motor? That came later. We had to turn ours by hand because we had no eletricity.
#11 is a no. Didn't have a telephone at our house until I was in the 7th grade and they didn't use words.
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:30:33 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote:

There's one on Cape Cod (Wellfleet Mass) that show TWO first run movies.
Cape Cod Bob writes:

Ah, yes! The old double feature. I think they used to cost about a quarter and eat an ENTIRE afternoon. Charlie Self "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to. " Dorothy Parker
Cape Cod Bob wrote:

Looking for one in your area? http://www.driveinmovie.com/mainmenu.htm Joe
Joe Gorman wrote:

It's there alright, for now.
Maybe we can buy ours from Mr. Beasley and see about making it the second community-owned drive-in in the state.
Those FM thingies sound interesting. Ours has pole speakers that have been in service since 1952. Audio quality is not the best, shall we say.
These things' days are numbered no matter what though. Nobody is going to pay $BIGNUM for one of those digital projectors, and celluloid film is about to go the way of LPs.
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:41:58 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote:

Yeh me too. Depressing aint it?
And you can qualify for the older than older than dirt medal if you can remember
Penicillan when it came as a huge yellow pill big enough to choke a horse.
Gasoline, sugar and tire rationing.
That purple salve used to treat wounds on animals.
The taste of the soybean meal normally reserved for the ol' milk cow.
The night Glen Miller came to town.
T. wrote:

Someone (Richard Armore (sp?)??) wrote (more or less <g>):
"We call them the 'Good Old Days' because we weren't good, we weren't old, and we're talking about the nights."
-- Mark
JOAT writes:

Had mine. Lasted from 27 to 47. All during my first marriage.
Charlie Self