RE : O/T: Hello Houston

Getting news reports that Houston got hit pretty hard.
You guys OK?
Lew
You mean in the thunderstorms and rain ?
I'm 200 miles north and we got over 10" though the locals don't say that at the airport... Hum.
Massive lighting storm - thousands of strikes. The app I have was almost white with strikes covering up the purple, red, orange and yellow with the three shades of green of rain.
I had a friend that got Baseball sized hail. That would make your day in a windshield or head...
Flooding everywhere. Rivers are at over 100 percent for several weeks. Then a day off of rain and then more rain.
I mowed the acreage grass last time with a Hog cutter. Large weeds. Now the grass is in full swing and growing. I have running water across the yard, and down the sides of roads.
Trees are falling - I haven't lost one yet, but I suspect I will in the coming weeks. These are 100' to 125' oaks.
Martin
On 5/24/2015 6:53 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
I mowed the acreage grass last time with a Hog cutter. Large weeds. Now the grass is in full swing and growing. I have running water across the yard, and down the sides of roads.
Ditto a place I keep SE of San Antonio. I've kept the eight-foot, twin-blade shredder hooked up [vs. the grooming mower] for the last two cuts. Pretty ragged looking but you can't keep letting it grow. About 25 inches of rain there since March. Rancher I know has abandoned his remaining wheat to be combined; what remains is laying over. Old mine pits and stock tanks full to the brim or overflowing. The last seven or eight years I've been saying I don't complain about the rain anymore. I'm ready to shelve that refrain.
Dave in SoTex
Here is another massive line / bow front / of Rain - in the Yellow and Red. The time passing will be 5 hours. We are about half the way through and thankfully it didn't dump like before - likely 4 or 5 inches, but my dry creek didn't overflow while taking water from the house to the creek.
Martin
On 5/24/2015 10:58 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:

In the last 4-5 weeks, almost 14" of rain where I live. Clear Lake, just south of Houston got 13" in 3 hours last weekend. But no big deal on the west side if Houston, mostly a problem if you live near any of the local rivers. The whole state has been getting rain and many of the rivers enter the gulf near Houston.
On 5/25/2015 12:02 AM, Leon wrote:

It rained??
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 5/25/2015 7:58 AM, Swingman wrote:

On 5/25/2015 9:28 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:

That was a jest.
The streets are inundated, again, as we speak.
My home is in no danger. 3' above grade, and grade is 1' above the curb.
Never again...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
11.5 inches of rain out here in Pecan Grove/Richmond last night. It still beats burning up the countryside due to a drought.
Regards, Roy