RE: O/T: A Questiom

Found some 35 MM slides that I had thought were lost but are not.
Want to convert these 35MM slides to digital format, but my limited research produces nothing but a can of worms trying to make any sense about the hardware.
Does anybody have any experience with one of these gadgets and if so, any suggestions?
Lew
On 8/2/2015 10:19 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

They can be scanned on a scanner
Yes, I have an Epson Perfection Scanner, and they do have a slide tray for scanning slides and converting them to files. John
"Leon" wrote in message
On 8/2/2015 10:19 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

They can be scanned on a scanner
The HP scanner I had used a holder with a light in it to flood light towards the scanner. It worked nicely. Half a dozen in a sitting. The option plugs into the back of the printer using a DIN connector.
Good luck.
I was helping a friend to rip cassette tapes to CD. That used an import 'walkman' like box with a USB and killer software.
Might be small one at a time boxes now for this. Check Amazon they use a wide net. Then Egg and .....
Martin
On 8/2/2015 11:40 PM, Leon wrote:

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 10:49:18 PM UTC-4, Martin Eastburn wrote:

I have a USB turntable for ripping vinyl to mp3 via Audacity. With a little editing I can fix the major skips and pops.
The problem is there's this one Elton John lyric that I keep getting wrong when singing along with the mp3. One word has been missing (a skip) from th e vinyl copy since I was a teenager. I fixed it on the mp3 but now I keep s inging it like my brain was trained to a few decades ago. :-O
I use memor-ease plus. 35 mm film and slide converter. Had it for years, I'm sure there's newer stuff out there. but it does the job with no problems.
On 8/2/2015 11:19 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 10:19:36 PM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:

No experience with any converters, but found this site, comparing different products. Memor-ease Plus is rated 9th of 10 (right side of page has the top ten). http://slide-to-digital-image-converter-review.toptenreviews.co m/pacific-image-memor-ease-st-review.html
If the memor-ease plus works that well, probably worth the $110+. I didn't search for prices of the other brands.
Sonny
You should be able to find it for a lot less than $100.
On 8/3/2015 5:51 AM, Sonny wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

My cheap Epson scanner came equipped to scan slides and negatives. It has a light in the lid and holders to hold a row of slides. Works well. I scanned all my photos and slides several years ago and they no longer fade and change colors.
--
GW Ross

What is worth doing is worth the
On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 7:56:19 AM UTC-4, G. Ross wrote:

I don't get it.
How did scanning your photos and slides prevent them from fading and changing colors?
That must be a magic scanner! ;-)
On 8/3/2015 10:10 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The special light in the scanner emits special highly excited electrons that bond on the film surface. This process helps to shield any UV rays that bla bla bla bla... ;~)

I've used this outfit two or three times: http://www.scancafe.com/
Dave in SoTex
On 8/2/2015 8:19 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

I use a Wolverine. Available from Amazon, does both slides and negatives; converts the negatives to a positive image in the process. Around $100. depending on the model. New models even do a wide variety of formats, not just 35mm. Stand alone; uses an SD card which you can then connect to your machine. Works very well.
Thanks everybody.
Got a much better handle on things.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------- "Matt" wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------- Based on Matt's comment above and some other research, I also purchased a Wolverine unit with an added SD card.
Trying to read the printed instruction sheets proved to be an impossible task for these tired old eyes (I gave up trying to read 6 pt type year's ago): however, tech support is based here in SoCal and proved most to be most helpful.
They even have an instruction video posted on their web site.
Learning how to get a digital file from a 35 MM slide proved a straight forward task; however' interfacing that file with the PC software proved to be an interesting challenge, but we got it done.
Have converted 300+ slides at this point and am happy with the results.
Thanks to everybody who responded.
Lew
PS: Have uncovered some pics I had long ago forgotton about.
On 8/8/2015 6:12 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Glad I could help, Lew. And I'm with you about 6-pt type. Since I'm into model railroading, I keep an Optivisor handy when first reading printed manuals. Too, a lot of product manuals are online now, and finding the ones you need and saving copies of them is well worth the time and effort.
Matt