Re: Norm Nowrecki - TheTale To This Point (Including Part Four)

Tom Watson does his usual:
Fun.
Do you know I've been looking for a way to rationally use "ineluctable" for nearly 30 years?
Damn. Lost another race.
Charlie Self "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine
Tom Watson wrote:

Thenkew, thenkew very much. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

And my wife wonders why I sit here giggling uncontrollably!!!!!
Nahmie
Charlie Self wrote:

    j4    :-)
Charlie Self wrote:

Wow, I had to look that one up.
Hey, you think that's hard, try using "definistrate" without it being contrived.
I did it, though.
Bill

On 25 Jan 2004 07:50:09 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com (Bill McNutt) wrote:

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search box to the right.
Suggestions for definistrate:
     1. defenestrate      2. definitized      3. definiteness      4. defenestrates      5. defenestrated      6. definitizes      7. definitudes      8. dedifferentiates      9. defeminized     10. definitives
Sorry. That should have been "defenestrate."
Bill
(Bill McNutt) wrote:

With tongue firmly in cheek.... Just don't throw it out the window with the wash water. :-))))))) Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice http://pages.sbcglobal.net/djf3rd /
My son (who is a bit eccentric) loves to use the word "defenstrate". He finds ways to slip it into conversations all the time.
We've started calling him "Ian the Defenstrator"
Mike
On 25 Jan 2004 07:50:09 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com (Bill McNutt) wrote:

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

If only it meant "to throw out the (MS-)Windows", then one could use it as an alias for "installing Linux". <guffaw>
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:55:12 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

Damn, I like that idea.
"I defenestrated my Wintel and turned it into a Lintel."
This bringing of sticks and bricks architectural language into the bits and bytes architectural realm has real potential for extending our ability to confuse nearly everyone about nearly everything.
I like that a lot.

You espouse an ineluctable confluence of cognoscente conviviality, ineffectual at eschewing obfuscation, then?
"Oh, Ron, you're just being facetious." "I am *NOT*!!!! Name one thing I've done all day that's been fasheesh!! (sp?)"
{I _wish_ I could take credit for _that_ rejoinder, but it was one of the ministers at my church, responding to a comment by his wife.)
snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com (Bill McNutt) wrote:

You should defenestrate your dictionary, or get a better spell checker! <g>
--
Alex