Norm Nowrecki - The Fall Of Dizum - Part The First

The thirty-ounce waffle-head descended for a final time upon the tortured remains of the ancient Motorola.

Seven full strokes had revealed and then obliterated its innards - leaving only a smoking curl of duct tape as a final reminder of its former presence.

Nowrecki let his hand slide from the dog-legged hickory handle of his framing hammer. It was done.

Turning from the corpse of his old companion, which had transmitted so much grief into his ear and life - Nowrecki picked up and fondled his new Nokia.

Bluetoothed and fully funded from the coffers of the Wreck Cabal, the Nokia was ready to join up with Norm's spanky new Centrino based M-1.7ghz laptop - in the never ending war against the trolls.

The Cabal had tasked Nowrecki with tracking down the most current twit, who was posting anonymously (or, so he thought) from the domain of dizum.

The Sam Spade software had been updated.

The pickup team's number was on speed dial.

Nowrecki punched in the number of his contact at the Cabal - a voice came on the line and sighed - "Tage Frid".

It was time to kick some ass.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Hot Damn! Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax

Takes me back to the old radio shows "Your's Truly, Johny Diamond" (or was it Johhny Dollar?), with little bit of Prairie Home Companion thrown in ala Guy Noire. In print, a touch of Travis McGee and from early TV - Have Gun, Will Travel.

MORE PLEASE ...?

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

dollar.

and Fibber McGee and Molly

and the one with the creaky door sound effects. what WAS that show?

Jack Benny

what show was always talking about "Flupert"?

dave

charlie b wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Johnny Dollar. or Richard Diamond IIRC.

Reply to
jo4hn

"The Shadow Knows." (insert sepulchral laugh track here).

I liked Fibber's closet. (insert trash pile falling sound bite here).

I also liked Benny's (or Rochester's) Maxwell.

Jack Armstrong was someone who I wanted to be - when I wasn't trying to be Tom Swift (different media.)

The Green Hornet was awesome.

Who gave away the Secret Decoder Rings?

News Reels should still be shown at the beginning of all movies - as should cartoons. BTW - they should still cost as much as you could earn by returning soda bottles - on a good week.

And Lamont Cranston (and the beautiful Margot Lane) - ah!

Tracer Of Missing Persons, anyone?

Makes what currently passes for "entertainment" seem shameful.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

And try to get today's kids wanting to be like Jack Armstrong. More likely Eminem. There's a goal for ya.

Charlie Self "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." Thomas Paine

Reply to
Charlie Self

Quick! What was the name of the car?

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Black Beauty (before they were things that we took in college to stay awake during exam time).

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Shoulda known you'd be first in.

I loved that show.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Mr Keen Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax

Richard Diamond, Private Eye was a TV show - Late 50's IIRC. Mary Tyler Moore was the telephone operator whose legs were all that was ever shown.

Benny's. How about his trips into his vault.

Little Orphan Annie (at least for one. may have been others)

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 19:25:05 -0400, Tom Watson brought forth from the murky depths:

I got it from the crackerback jox, Nancy.

Remember Cosby's "Chicken Heart" or his Old Weird Harold character? "Start smearin' that jello!"

Wow, you really are retired, aren't ya?

"Reality TV"? If that's reality, I'm glad I don't have a single bit of it anywhere near me. Whew!

P.S: What is the Nowrecki airing schedule?

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Poverty is easy. *

's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design

Larry Jaques

"What about my pickle?"

"You're lucky you've still got the brown paper bag, small change!"

"You haven't seen the last of me, Danger!"

"No, but the first of you turns my stomach!"

(Who is he talking to? And how does he make his voice *do* that?)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Damn, this thread has me remembering how much I loved radio shows. I was 9 in 1953 when we got our first TV and radio drama and comedy shows were about gone. Occasionally, late at night on the car radio station comes fluttering in with replays of these shows. The road bends and these voices of past nights of suspense, laughter and tears float away. Radio Days were a special time and I am very glad I had a chance to experience it.

The heart-tugging Doctor Christian starring Jean Hersholt. Bobby Benson and the B-Bar-B Riders Grand Central Station The original Our Miss Brooks Crimebusters Al Jolson Show Burns & Allen Grand Central Station My favorite, Sargent Preston of the Yukon, his horse Blackie and wonder dog, King, the real star of the show.

AND the only personality to have THREE simultaneously running TV shows, Arthur Godfrey. Remember the marvelous lyrics of his record hit:: I don't want her/ you can have her/She's too fat for me... Name the Godfrey cast members:

Tony Marvin. announcer, Julius LaRosa, boy singer Carmel Quinn, Irish vocalist Frank Parker, tenor Lu Ann Simms, cute and sweat girl singer The Cordettes Janette Davis. felamle POP singer Marian Marlow, soprano Haleloke, Hawaiian songstress The McGuire Sisters and Archie Blier and his band There were others but these were the main "Friends.".

Cape Cod Bob Visit my web site at

the two "spam"s for email

Reply to
Cape Cod Bob

Tom ...

Many people are unaware that the sound of that Maxwell was created by Mel Blanc who also was the voice of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, etc.

I believe that would be Captain Midnight. (Pour yourself a glass of Ovaltine and "Fire up the Silver Dart, Icky.")

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Inner Sanctum

Reply to
charlie b

This all goes to prove we really ARE a bunch of OF's.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:33:13 -0600, Dave Balderstone brought forth from the murky depths:

"She's in the aviary, studying trees."

"No, only half a ki. I had to split it with the sound effects man."

"Better pull your mukluks out of the cellophane before they scorch."

's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design

Larry Jaques

that's it!

dave

charlie b wrote: