Re: Nice deal on a lathe, perhaps even a gloat

wrote:

I don't know, Lee. I heard he changed it to let people know how serious he was about it all. When I first met Steve, his name was Steve Cabinets, if that gives you any perspective.
I thought it was overboard myself, but as since I have a strict "keep my opinions to myself" policy, I didn't want to say anything.
P.S. Steve - don't read this post!
Crap... may be too late.
;^)
Now get your fully lathed self over to the woodturning newsgroup and help us keep it alive! What an excellent score on the lathe and chisels. If you haven't checked the price of those Hamlet chisels, you should! They are $$$$ depending on the steel.
Robert

You suck.
Perhaps.
p.s. nice score.
Good buy! I think you are going to like that machine Mr. "TURNER".
I saw one of those in the Grizzly Springfield store several years ago when I was looking for a new lathe. It came down to that one and the Jet 1442. Both were getting good reviews from Wood and other sources. The 1442 won because of a very well timed sale at the local tool store.
You are going to like it.
BTW, among accessories I hope you ended up with a good face shield.
Ron
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You know what the bass player said? "Drummers can't READ!" :-)

Actually, I've been thinking of changing it again to "Steve Rocker", since I what I *really* like to do is rock out on the drums and build rocking chairs. I guess that depends on how addicted I get to this stupid lathe! :-)

I'm a-skeered to go over there! I'm afraid I'll never make it back!

Yeah, I took a quick peek and said "Whoa! How many of *those* am I going to need?" Too late; after trying out the Hamlet on some gnarly hickory I'm afraid I'm going to need them ALL... :-O

LMAO!!
Well, as much as I like woodturning, I well remember your absolutely gorgeous rocking chairs. Don't give that up... you have a real talent for those.

Absolutely NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. What's worse, when you are actually shooting little curlies of wood straight into your veins when you start using a good lathe, you will find you don't have all the chisels you need! That sir, is why they call it the slippery slope. By the time you buy a scroll chuck, a new tool rest, a drill chuck, and all the chisels you "need", I promise you all the stuff after the lathe purchase will easily out pace the cost of the lathe.
Ohhh, such sweet misery.
I turn in the garage, so now that the weather is bearable again I will probably start up again soon. I overdid the whole lathe turning stuff for a while, turning at every opportunity. I decided to give it a rest, but I am ready to get out there and mount myself a nice piece of wood and burn off a couple of Christmas ornaments to get back in the groove.
I hope you post and let us know how you like that lathe. Hamlet tools, too.
Robert

Undoubtedly some of the best work I have ever seen. They sortakinda make me want to set fire to the wood side of MY shop.
Robatoy wrote:

All right you guys, shtop *embarrassing* me! <blush>
On Oct 27, 10:20pm, "Lee Michaels"

Camilla Parker Bowls?
Robatoy wrote:

I noticed. I'm not proud... ; )