Re: Jet canister dust collection

On 24 Jul 2003 17:00:35 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net (Charlie) wrote:

if your willing to do some work make the cyclone yourself. You will have a better system and a better filter. it will move more air too. easier to dump the can. http://cnets.net/~eclectic/woodworking/cyclone/dc4dummies.html
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

under the cycle dump it and put it back. even easier (G).
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

oneida is spendy. this system is pretty cheep to setup. the fitters cost about 162.00 and the blower well that depends on if you get a 2hp 12" fan or the 14" but I have no dust exiting my system now and I don't need a air cleaner along with the dc.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:03:06 -0500, Lawrence A. Ramsey

first 4" inlet and outlet will be way too small. how big is the impeller? I have a 9" inlet on the blower on my cyclone. http://cnets.net/~eclectic/woodworking/cyclone/CyclonePlan.html for the actual cyclone. this page has lots of links to the parts needed. http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/ you can see lots of pics of my setup. or I can email them to you.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
: I'm going to get a dust collector for my shop. The onieda system is a : little expensive for me, but I'm interested in the Jet cannister : collector. Specs look good. Does anyone have one of these unit? : Feedback appreciated. TIA.
(Charlie) wrote:

On 28 Jul 2003 08:43:18 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net (Charlie) wrote:

this cyclone is far better designed and more effient then the wood one. I really did not see much fo any loss going from my regular dc to the cyclone. once I got the cartridge filters I saw a pretty big improvement.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes