Re: I need guidance

Donnie Vazquez notes:

Good gloat.

Unfortunately, no.

The last wide redwood I had, I used to make some decent looking bookcases. More than a decade later, they still look great.

Whose board is it? Scroom.
Charlie Self
"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe." Dan Quayle
There are a great many pieces of "fine woodwork" made from redwood. Ditto architectural projects.
-JBB

First off for the gloat you suck. :) Second, find somebody who is finishing out room for a sauna or spa and wants some nice piece of furniture custom fit for the room. Since it's 14/4 x 8' you could do one or two large relief carvings. Maybe go off and look up some Greene and Greene info, they used lots of big redwood in their CA projects IIRC.
Good luck in finding a noble purpose. I find it aesthetically pleasing on the rare occasion when I have the wood helping to drive the design.
hex -30-
I need to make some outdoor furniture...let's make a deal! or trade. Mark from Pasadena, MD
Donnie Vazquez wrote:

Mark,
That sounds like a good idea. I'm on vacation this week in O.C. I'll get in touch with you next week. It's funny, I bought the wood about 5 minutes from Pasadena off of Jumpers Hole road.
Donnie Vazquez Sunderland, MD