Re: Help with Band saw

You do not state your projects. Your depth requiremente will determine how close you can come to $300 for a new saw.

The replies have assumed a 14in bandsaw would fit your needs. The HF 14in $329.99 and Grizzly 14in $325.99 are almost the same price.

I bought a Grizzly 15in as my first saw. I then found at times I wanted greater depth, and so purchased a Grizzly 17in, which I am still using.

In my view, I would choose Grizzly over HF any day. A big difference is that Grizzly have meaningful technical support and the expectation of being able to purchase replacement parts over time.

HF gives me the impression that it is "supplier of the day" and who knows whether the supplier will have any tech support, or whether replacement parts will be available in the future.

Whichever path you choose, buy soon. The fuel price increases will soon hit the imported equipment market. Expect to see some significant price increases.

Other replies have discussed the value of tuning, decent guides, decent blades, which will be needed for whichever model you purchase.

Dave Paine

Could some of you more advanced wood workers maybe guide this novice > wood worker in purchasing a band saw. > Is it possible to pick up something decent for around the 250-300 > dollar range as I really don't want to put out more than that. I'm not > looking for a bench top as that would be to small for projects for my > needs. > Thank you > > Paul >
Reply to
Tyke