Experience with LV's Dado Set?

Anybody have experience with Lee Valley's dado set linked below?

major portion of the dados I expect to cut will be crosscutting in veneered plywood. Should the chip limitation model be sufficient? Would the melamine dado version be usable on veneered ply and also add additional protection against chipping veneer?

Am I shooting too high with this dado set or could I get by with something like Freud's dado set?

Upscale