Re: Harbor Freight quality

Page 2 of 2
D K Woods wrote:

So, if one person on this list says they had a tooth come off a Forrest or Freud blade, then you'll never buy on of them, either?
You're gonna run out of brands, quick!
--
************************************
Chris Merrill
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:57:25 GMT, Chris Merrill wrote:

True...but if I tell her it's safer, then I'm more likely to get the $$$ for a Forrest blade from my wife, right? (G)
david
--
"We have money to blow up bridges over the Tigress and Euphrates and we
don't have money to build bridges in our major cities. We have money to
D K Woods wrote:

Absolutely!
Of course, if she doesn't look at the blade, then you can go buy a HF blade and use the leftover for a bunch of goodies ;)
--
************************************
Chris Merrill

brands.
reciprocating
I bought an inexpensive bench grinder. Not from HF, but of the same quality I believe. Works good, but easy to bog down (not much hp or low torque). Take care. BigJoe
--
Be sure to check out Joe's and Betty's webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html

I got a refurb Router (Dewalt) and I love it. But that is a refurb as opposed to their store brand.

brands.
reciprocating

Stick with the quality brands for anything that may be a safety concern. I still shop HF brands, but I'm careful what I buy.
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 02:20:07 GMT, C Carruth wrote:

It's not on your list, but I've been using their heavy-duty lathe (normally runs $270, was on sale for $180) for the past couple of weeks and I love it. It's my starter lathe, but it will be some time before I grow out of it. I don't think I would have been happy with their lower-end models, they really seemed low quality in the store, even if they were impressively cheap. About as close as you can come to calling a power tool 'disposable'.
david
--
It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have
learned English -- up to 50 words used in correct context -- no human being
D K Woods wrote:

Not a woodworking tool, but I have one of the real heavy duty HF #40576 14 x 40 metal working lathes. It's a Zhuji Machine Tool Works GH-1440A also sold by Grizzly, Enco, Jet and a host of other companies at much more than the $3,000 I paid for it. It puts the old Logan lathe I had to shame.
Rico