Re: European style slab door question.

There are commercially made doors available with maple veneer in 1 3/8" and 1 3/4" (35mm and 45mm) at pretty reasonable prices. I'd be surprized if a hollow core version would cost even $75 (probably closer to $50 or less). A solid core version should be less that $150. A fire rated door and jamb set could push that up a bit. If birch is acceptable you might be able to pick the door up at the local big box store for even less. Birch is one of the most common species for a veneered flush door.
The doors should come with a five year warrenty if made by a reputable firm. This would cover warp and delamination. I don't want to sound too harsh, but it sounds like the advice you are getting could be improved upon.
Best,
Bob