European style recepticals, where?

I have several guests a year who need to use power outlets rated at 200 volts, with those two round pins common in Europe and parts of asia. Basically its two round 1/8" pins spaced at about 3/4" inch.

Talk about hard to find! I've got the 230 volt, 60 Hz power available already, but now I need a surface mount box. The 50/60Hz isn't a problem.

Any suggestions on where to order a few?

TIA

Dave

Reply to
Dave L.

I just use a few European transformers with the round plugs, Is Google not working again?

Reply to
m Ransley

But he doesn't want transformers: he has 230v, which he thinks is close enough to 200v (is it?), so all he wants is the receptacles.

I've certainly seen adapters that go the other way round, e.g., connect a round- or flat-pin plug to a UK or Australian/NZ or European

*recessed* round-pin socket, but I have not seen *in the USA* "foreign" receptacles or adapters that go the other way round.

Perce

On 02/01/05 09:02 pm m Ransley tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

if you don't find what you are looking for, check this

power strip that accepts many international plugs

Reply to
Reed

A site tranformer just makes it easier , you dont need to run new wire. How many surface mount do you need, I know where there are a few.

Reply to
m Ransley

I suspect what you are going to need is a standard 240V NA type outlet and an adapter plug so the European plug will fit the NA type 240 plug. Check at a travel shop or likely an on line travel shop from the British Isles to find the adapter plugs.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Have your guests bring them over on their next visit. Assuming you have the wiring done as you say, it should be relatively painless to install the box and receptacles that they bring over. Just an idea. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

I've already run 230 volts for some baseboard heaters, the power is already in the surface raceway. I just think a few boxes would look neater than dangling dongles.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave L.

In many European countries, electrical hardware, especially permanent-style building grade material is not available for sale to the general public, only a licensed contractor can purchase devices, wire & cable, breakers, etc...

Japan is 200v. Europe is 220v 50 hz. Neither is a direct compatible with an american 240v residential 60hz supply.

Appliances sold in Europe which are built to run on American power with a 220v / 120v switch will also include the necessary adaptor to convert their 2-pin plug to fit an American style outlet, just as appliances sold in America with the convertable voltage usually include the necessary plug reconfiguration adaptor.

The NEC only allows receptacles to be installed which conform to the NEMA standard.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
HaHaHa

Try:

They seem to have a number of European receptacles, you just need to know which ones you want.

I see they ship.

Reply to
Eric Tonks