Re: Drill press table and fence update

Very nice. You've inspired me to make one of my own.
Josh (in snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com) said:
| Very nice. You've inspired me to make one of my own.
:-) Thanks. It's an easy project and makes even a cheapie DP like mine much easier and more enjoybale to use. Enjoy!

Before you proceed yopu should take a look at Ebay: "8020 Inc. Garage Sale," take a look at the various surplus aluminum extrusion. I bought eight lengths (metric sizes) two weeks ago to fabricate fences for my drill press and bandsaw. The aluminum extrusions are cheaper and more robust than the flat or angle aluminum stocks from Home Centers. It looks like the extrusion use on Mule Accusquare Fence.
http://search.stores.ebay.com/8020-Inc-Garage-Sale__W0QQfcdZ2QQfclZ4QQfrppZ30QQfrtsZ0QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQsaselZ129537225QQsofpZ0
Why don't you take a look and tell me what you think?
Disclaimer: I have no relationship with 8020 Inc.
John No (in snipped-for-privacy@News.Individual.NET) said:
| On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 21:50:21 -0600, "Morris Dovey"
| || Good question. Sometimes not - my usual solution is to remove the || offending handle(s). I've thought of making a really low fence || using a 1/8" x 2" x 24" section of aluminum flat stock; but || haven't really needed it (yet). | | Before you proceed yopu should take a look at Ebay: "8020 Inc. | Garage Sale," take a look at the various surplus aluminum | extrusion. I bought eight lengths (metric sizes) two weeks ago to | fabricate fences for my drill press and bandsaw. The aluminum | extrusions are cheaper and | more robust than the flat or angle aluminum stocks from Home | Centers. It looks like the extrusion use on Mule Accusquare Fence. | | http://search.stores.ebay.com/8020-Inc-Garage-Sale__W0QQfcdZ2QQfclZ4QQ frppZ30QQfrtsZ0QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQsaselZ129537225QQsofpZ0 | | Why don't you take a look and tell me what you think?
Looks pretty good - and I've bookmarked the site. I have a supply of flat and angle 6061 stock in my shop that I use for building my solar panels and tend to use cut-offs from that for projects like this. I generally avoid buying the stuff at retail whenever possible - and it's fairly economical for me.
Thanks for the link!