Re: Das Glasperlenspiel, Eristic, Elenctic, Sophistry, et al.

<snip of ??????>

HUH?
--
Nahmie
βœ–

(pssst... norm....over here.................you keep him occupied and I'll try to steal his bong and thesaurus.... okay???)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Robatoy wrote:

Maybe you could do the same to the guys he's ranting about. Then we can all be happy... lol
-- Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art http://woodwork.pmccl.com The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” George Bernard Shaw
Add pictures here
βœ–

well... we don't have to open posts by people who annoy us, eh? Personally, I like to stoke the fires under some clown who, in his own mind at least, is absolutely convinced that he has no position and doesn't want any of us to have one either..LOL (Not talking about the OP here.) What a screwed up life, without the rewards of learning new ideas and concepts, to be convinced that you absolutely know everything. What could be more boring than living day-to-day never wanting to try something new, learn something new, make a mistake..IOW..... grow.
The brainwashed windbags who regurgitate the spoon-fed propaganda, are usually quite funny to me for a while... then, because there's nothing to learn from them, they becomes boring.
I have turned off all my filters and kill-files because I can resist opening a posting from a person who i KNOW will bore me.
On Topic... have you had a chance to play with some of materials?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Robatoy wrote:

Nope!
But the hunt for (woodworking) content is becoming a strong time investment...
I have no problems with positions. Missionary _can_ be boring though...

Hunting through the posts of those who...???

Well yeah -- and then you have to winnow... and winnow and winnow and...

Same here -- but sometimes the quantity is overwhelming...

Finally have the stuff on the bench. Been working on several projects that hit between the time we originally discussed the stuff and the arrival. The house fix-up, trim projects, lamps and clocks, jewel box... (See pictures on the site if you like.) All time hungry and time demanding.
Been dealing constantly with an on-again off-again house sale. Then I can put the stuff in the new house if the sale is on again today...
Will be trying the stuff between glue-ups on the last committed project. Now that I have the right blades!
-- Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art http://woodwork.pmccl.com The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” George Bernard Shaw
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'd be interested to know which blades do it for you as I am licking my chops to get a band saw.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Robatoy wrote:

Interesting thought. I must try my scroll saw blades on the bandsaw. lol
Actually I have scroll saw and bandsaw blades now that should work...
-- Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art http://woodwork.pmccl.com The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” George Bernard Shaw
Add pictures here
βœ–
A crapload of wierdos said this:

That was hilarious.....

So what are we all doing looking at a thread with this subject? (I only got attracted by all the replies)
I've been a lurker for most of the last 10 years or so...only rarely comment on those things I have first hand knowledge of.
The amount of useless crap here has been out of control for some time now, however there is still a LOT of topical skill and knowledge that comes here, but it is getting to be a smaller and smaller percentage of the total posts. I'm sure this 4 day old reply will just get buried under all this volume to be read my pretty much nobody...oh well back to lurking :)
It's too bad there isn't an equal/better alternative out there. Steve Jensen Abbotsford B.C. snipped-for-privacy@canada.mortise.com chopping out the mortise. Surfing along at 19200 bps since 95. BBS'ing since 1982 at 300 bps. WW'ing since 1985
Nothing catchy to say, well maybe..... WAKE UP - There are no GODs you fools!
Add pictures here
βœ–

Not the bong!!!
Every once in awhile it's fun to go over and piss in the fire while the resident Political Scientologists are having their circle jerk.
Those dudes are living proof that evolution can be bidirectional.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
HL Mencken
βœ–

Be mindful of the wind direction.

again:..Be mindful of the wind direction.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Tom Watson wrote:

And that is Usenet in a nutshell.

Mencken is my hero.
Chuck Vance (and that too is Usenet in a nutshell)
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Conan The Librarian" wrote in message

... and one of my favorite Menckenisms: Love - The delusion that one woman differs from another.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/05
Swingman wrote:

Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody may be looking.     j4
Add pictures here
βœ–

-- snip --

And, when you've bumped up your hit, it's better to post on usenet than fire up your power tools.
Add pictures here
βœ–
scribbled:

<snip>
You guys are giving adolescent immaturity waaay too much credit.
Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:07:54 -0700, the blithe spirit Luigi Zanasi

I've never figured out why Tawm and others continue to cater to it by quoting and posting to all their crap on a daily basis. <sigh>
------------------------------------------------------------- give me The Luxuries Of Life * http://www.diversify.com i can live without the necessities * 2 Tee collections online -------------------------------------------------------------
Add pictures here
βœ–